Twitter is a Social media platform where users connect with any person, company and organization and share their thoughts and complaints to the authorized concern. Initially, twitter used to give ‘blue tick’ after the name of verified individuals or organizations after passing some special criterias. Earlier, having a verified blue tick on twitter used to be a big thing. But after the recent ‘twitter blue’ subscription model introduced by twitter came into light anyone can have blue tick by paying a certain price.
In October 2022, Elon Musk acquired twitter and after that the company changed their policy of verification on twitter. And after that on 11th April 2023, the company announced that the users would lose their blue legacy if they didn’t subscribe to twitter blue by 20th april,2023.
Eligibility for ‘Twitter Blue’
Some people are criticizing twitter for their new twitter blue subscription plan as people are misusing it by impersonating celebrities and popularly known people. This plan can be availed by anyone by following the below criterias:
- Must be active in the past 30 days and subscribed to twitter blue
- You account must be complete with a proper display name and profile photo
- Your account must be older than 30 days upon subscription and have a confirmed phone number.
- Your account must have no recent changes to your profile photo, display name, or username (@handle)
- Your account must have no signs of being misleading or deceptive.
Pricing of ‘Twitter Blue’
Twitter has introduced their pricing strategies for twitter blue annually and monthly both ways. The plan depends on various things like for existing users the plan is as follows:
- Twitter Blue subscribers who joined for $7.99 on iOS will be notified by Apple that their subscription will be automatically renewed for $11/month or $114.99/year (or your local pricing) unless they choose to cancel their subscription.
- Those who initially subscribed on iOS for $2.99 or $4.99/month will need to upgrade their subscription for $8/month or $84/year on web, or $11/month or $114.99/year on iOS (or the local pricing), or lose their subscription.
List of top twitter celebrities who get back their blue tick
List of top celebrities who lost their blue legacy of twitter that you need to know are as follows:
- Bill Gates (https://twitter.com/BillGates)
- Jack Dorsey(https://twitter.com/jack)
- Pope francis(https://twitter.com/Pontifex)
- Virat Kohli(https://twitter.com/imVkohli)
- Shah Rukh Khan(https://twitter.com/iamsrk)
Is blue tick mandatory?
No, it’s not mandatory to get twitter blue. It completely depends on one’s willingness to buy it. However if you are serious about the content making in twitter then you should try this ‘twitter blue’ as it has some new features that help the content creators. Also, In this plan the ads will be decreased by 50% and you can also customize twitter’s algorithm as per your choice.