Are you searching for Dave Wasserman lately? Yes! You are in the right place. If you are interested in political news and trends, then you must have heard about his name.
His details are not available on online sites. So, many of his followers are unable to find much more information about him.
Who is Dave Wasserman
Dave Wasserman is also known as David Wasserman, a political commentator, and a journalist. He is an expert in US elections and political geography. He is a Senior Editor of the U.S. House of Representatives. He is famous for his accurate pre-election analysis in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections. This earn him a lot of praise. Additionally, Dave Wasserman is associated with The Cook Political Report. In addition to being a great journalist, he has a lot of knowledge of politics.
In contrast, he doesn’t have a Wikipedia page and his well-wishers do not know much about him. His fans and followers can follow him on Twitter, where he expresses his thoughts and views.
What is The Cook Political Report
Cook Political Report is an online newsletter published in the United States. That identically analyzes elections and campaigns for the U.S. Presidency. Similarly, it also analyzes American political trends.
His working partner is Amy Walter. Let me give you a little information about Amy Walter. She is an American political analyst who is the editor. And also the publisher of The Cook Political Report. Additionally, she is also a host of the morning radio news program The Takeaway.
The Cook Political Report was previously a hard-copy publication. Whereas. in 2004 the publication move to an online copy format.
About David Wasserman bio
- David Wasserman had completed his graduation in B.A. politics from 2002 to 2006, from the University of Virginia.
- He is currently 42 years old.
- Has American citizenship.
- He is a journalist by profession.
- According to his LinkedIn profile, he has 425 connections.
- He has also worked in NBC News in Washington D.C., USA.
- In addition to his viewers, his colleagues also love his style of reporting.
Who is Dave Wasserman married to?
Dave Wasserman is married. His wife’s name is Beth Glusky and she is 40 years old.
Dave Wasserman twitter
His Twitter handle username is @Redistrict (redistrict Twitter). He has 5 hundred thousand followers.
Dave Wasserman journalism career
Wasserman has work experience in a lot of media houses. As he has done the role of opinion pollster, pre-election presidency prediction, political reporting, etc. Read on below.
Worked as a political analyst in channels
Wasserman work as an analyst for the NBC News Election Night Decision Desk in 2016, 2012, and 2008. He has appeared in NBC Nightly News. Where he works and analyzes various types of news and burning issues. Furthermore, Dave Wasserman has also worked in ABC World News as a news anchor. ABC World News is America’s reputed media house. Subsequently, he joined to C-SPAN Washington Journal and worked here for a few years.
Moreover, Dave Wasserman also worked in CNN. CNN’s full form The Cable News Network. It is a multinational news-base tv channel. Undoubtedly, the first all-news television channel in the United States, CNN was the first television network to offer 24-hour news coverage.
Likewise, in lively and entertaining presentations, Wasserman analyzes the current political situation according to the interests and locations of his audience members. His forecasting that is data-driven looks at both national and neighborhood trends.
Prominent Republican poller Kristen Soltis Anderson said, “Nobody of my generation knows American politics as much as Dave Wasserman.”
Dave Wasserman got praise for accurate pre-election analysis in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections. Additionally, he wrote a piece on “How Trump Could Win the White House While Losing the Popular Vote,” Which was written 2 months before election day. He also got praise for the piece.
Opinion poll analyst
In addition, he frequently contributes to FiveThirtyEight.com. FiveThirtyEight is a platform that focuses on opinion poll analysis, politics, economics, sports blogging, etc.
In June 2016, FiveThirtyEight had won an award. The award’s name was the “Data Journalism Website of the Year”. It was for the year 2016. However, this honor was announced by the Global Editors Network. It is a Paris-based organization. Moreover, it promotes innovation in newsrooms around the world. As well as that, FiveThirtyEight won another award for “News Data App of the Year (large newsroom)” for “Swing the Election”. David Wasserman did this project along with a person.
Highly Praised Expertise
Especially, Nate Silver of FiveThirtyEight.com has written: Wasserman has a deep knowledge of political geography. That quality can make him seem like a local. Wasserman called “whip-smart” and a “scrupulously nonpartisan” analyst by The Los Angeles Times. Not only but also a host of NBC’s Meet the Press whose name is Chuck Todd. He not long ago call David Wasserman “the only person you should pay attention to on election night.”
An enthusiast for information and maps, Wasserman serves as a journalist that is contributing to the Almanac of American Politics. A presenter this is certainly a frequent visiting lecturer, he has got provide insights into the most recent political styles with audiences at Harvard’s Institute of Politics, the Dole Institute of Politics, therefore the University of Chicago Institute of Politics – where he had been called a citizen Pritzker Fellow in 2019.
Citations of his commentary have been made in several media channels. Read below a list of media publications:
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Economist
Awards and honors
- Furthermore in 2018, in collaboration with FiveThirtyEight, Dave Wasserman helped to win an award. The ‘Atlas of Redistricting’ app won an award of ‘News Data App’ of the Year at the Global Editors Network’s Data Journalism Awards.
- Twitter awards David Wasserman “Best of Twitter” honors for his real-time election reporting.
- As well as that Dave was awarded the Emmerich-Wright Outstanding Thesis prize in 2006 for his studies on congressional redistricting.
List of some popular articles and analysis
- The Biggest Victim in 2021 Redistricting So Far: Competition
- Redistricting Snapshots: Georgia, Wisconsin, Maryland, Florida, South Carolina
- FL-07- The Murphy exit adds to the Democratic moderates’ blues
- New Map and 2022 Ratings: New Mexico
- Virginia’s preliminary map puts an end to Spanberger’s plans
- Michigan’s new map rattles incumbents, but to both parties’ advantage
- Georgia, Michigan, Virginia: New maps and ratings for 2022
- Katko’s retirement was a boon for Democrats, a major loss for GOP moderates
- Tennessee Republicans to carve up Nashville to oust Cooper in TN-05
- House GOP Primary Risk Factors How Trump-align will the Republicans be in 2023?
This was all about the career and life info of Dave Wasserman. He is a renowned personality in the field of media and journalism. Especially, in electronic media. In the USA, being a journalist is a tough job. He has a long journey to reach his current position. So, what are you waiting for? Go and read his pieces.
Read also: 10 Most Popular Michael Savage Podcasts